It's Wednesday and I should be in my shop. Instead I am writing a blog post about my mid-week progress and watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith, the spy/action movie with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. It's been a long week already and looking like it's going to be longer. I needed some decompressing time and while I enjoy my workshop time I really try to focus while I am working with power tools.
I left my Sunday post with adding/fitting the drawer fronts and applying a first coat of polyurethane. I got two more coats of polyurethane on the drawers and handles Monday and Tuesday. Tonight I put them all together with some 1-1/4 inch washer head screws. I think they are actually lath screws versus a wood working washer head screw but they get the job done.
It's looking pretty good for a piece of shop furniture if I do say so myself.
I reminded myself while I was putting the handles on all the drawers that math is hard. I'd thought I'd made enough handles for all the drawers and the door that is going on the right hand side but I came up with just enough for the drawers.
Fortunately I had a reserve handle sitting around in my hardware drawer. That's what's sitting on the top of the cabinet. When finish the door - probably this weekend - and finish it - probably next week - I'll also finish the extra needed door handle.
Anyway, I just figured I'd share the image of the cabinet with all the drawers. I love this phase of a project when you can see everything coming together. Right now I need to either go make some popcorn or maybe toaster-oven-smores.